Saturday, August 16, 2008

The World Ends With You

I loved it and hated it. Loved it because the game is damned fun and the story is neat. Hate because the AI sucks and so it can be oddly difficult at times. Let me explain - You have 2 characters in an Action RPG that share a health bar. You control both of them, but one can be AI controlled. The AI sucks, and you can't control both of them perfectly at once. So, I've died in fights because the AI can't dodge worth crap, but the character I'm controlling has never taken a hit. However, I was also level 1 the entire time - you can lower your levels to get higher drop rate - Which I sat at level 1 the entire time. This only cripples your max HP, however. When I had to, I jacked up my level or lowered the difficulty (which you can do on the fly - It changes what enemies drop.).

It's also got a great presentation for a DS game. The graphics were very good, had cutscenes, decent voicing, and great music with actual sung lyrics.

It's overall an awesome, awesome game. Would highly recommend it for anyone that likes RPGs. It's the game that gave me faith that RPGs on the DS can be really amazing.

No comments: