Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Paper Mario

Overall, sorta meh.
That entirely sums up my feelings about the game. The combat was incredibly repetitive, the out of combat was pretty boring (It impressed me ... well, once comes to mind. The dungeon in the ice world with the mirror bits was cool), and the game was over all way too easy. The roommate whose VC I'm playing this on would blame me for it being easy, as he says I powergamed - But, really, I just made smart choices. I didn't ever grind, I just fought the enemies I ended up running into. Hell, I tried to get away from most fights. I ended up at level 23 at the end of the game, out of 27. The badge system for power ups was pretty cool, I have to admit. However, the amount of customization is kinda... lamely small. You pretty much have to use most of your BP just to increase defense and attack power, which are really just sorta lame uses for the BP. The story, what of it there was, was bad. Meh.

SMRPG was pretty much better in every aspect. Of course, Square had a hand in making SMRPG, and that was when Square was pumping out great RPGs. So... There you go. Of course, Intelligent Systems was the devs for this game, and they make Fire Emblem. So, what the hell, guys? What the hell.

No comments: